Emmanuel Sarki Elated Wisla Krakow Have Returned To Winning WaysPublished: May 04, 2014
In the 32nd round of games in the T-Mobile Ekstraklasa , Wisla Krakow ended their recent poor run following their 5 - 0 victory over Pogoń Szczecin.
Before the game at Stadion Miejski im. Henryka Reymana , Franciszek Smuda’s side had gone 8 matches without a victory, with their last win coming against city rivals Cracovia Kraków late February.
Former Nigeria youth - teamer Emmanuel Sarki was delighted that Wisla Krakow have found their footing once again.
Speaking to sport.pl. the 26 - year - old winger said : “I felt amazing. We had eight games without a win and five defeats in a row. This is not fitting for a club such as Wisła .
“It’s a great team and we showed that hard work this week and fighting spirit on the pitch can change our position. I am pleased with this victory.”
Because of their indifferent form, supporters have kept away from the stadium to cheer the players in recent games, and Sarki has appealed to the fans to reconsider their stand.
“It’s hard to play with small spectators. We need our fans, and when you support us we feel better. After all, we are trying to do their job.
“Maybe in the next match they will be in the stadium because we have shown that the great Wisla have returned.”
Emmanuel Sarki has been involved in all the matches played by the club in the league but is still searching for his first goal this term.
Photo Credit: wisla.krakow.pl
Football News 24/7
- Exclusive: South African-Based Goalkeeper Daniel Akpeyi To Miss Nigeria Friendly Vs Corsica
- Spurs Star Alli Admits He Might Be Criticized For Missing Header Against Arsenal
- Alli Scores, Iwobi Benched As Arsenal Lose Last North London Derby To Spurs At White Hart Lane
- Victor Moses And Chelsea Heading For The Title After Winning Battle Of The Blues
- Exclusive: Success, Osimhen Handed Another Opportunity To Make Competitive Nigeria Debut
- Exclusive: NFF Spark Club Vs Country Row As Injured Ikeme, Bazee Called Up For International Duty
- Exclusive: Nigeria Coach Rohr To Run The Rule Over Dele Alampasu In France
- Exclusive: Austria Vienna Striker Kayode Left Out Of Nigeria Squad For AFCON Qualifier Vs South Africa
- Talented Manchester City Midfielder, Who Wants To Play For Nigeria, Continues To Sparkle
- Promising Nigerian Striker Korede Adedoyin Tipped To Make The Grade At Everton
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football