Emmanuel Sarki Elated Wisla Krakow Have Returned To Winning WaysPublished: May 04, 2014
In the 32nd round of games in the T-Mobile Ekstraklasa , Wisla Krakow ended their recent poor run following their 5 - 0 victory over PogoÃ…„ Szczecin.
Before the game at Stadion Miejski im. Henryka Reymana , Franciszek Smuda’s side had gone 8 matches without a victory, with their last win coming against city rivals Cracovia Kraków late February.
Former Nigeria youth - teamer Emmanuel Sarki was delighted that Wisla Krakow have found their footing once again.
Speaking to sport.pl. the 26 - year - old winger said : “I felt amazing. We had eight games without a win and five defeats in a row. This is not fitting for a club such as WisÃ…‚a .
“It’s a great team and we showed that hard work this week and fighting spirit on the pitch can change our position. I am pleased with this victory.”
Because of their indifferent form, supporters have kept away from the stadium to cheer the players in recent games, and Sarki has appealed to the fans to reconsider their stand.
“It’s hard to play with small spectators. We need our fans, and when you support us we feel better. After all, we are trying to do their job.
“Maybe in the next match they will be in the stadium because we have shown that the great Wisla have returned.”
Emmanuel Sarki has been involved in all the matches played by the club in the league but is still searching for his first goal this term.
Photo Credit: wisla.krakow.pl
Football News 24/7
- Iwobi, Ola Aina, Idowu, Balogun, Ekong & Ebuehi Arrive At Super Eagles Camp
- Nwankwo Kanu Set To Feature For Arsenal Against Real Madrid
- Ndidi Now Nigeria's Most Important Player & Four Takeaways From Super Eagles Stars Performances
- Poland Start Training For Nigeria Friendly 1830 Hours Tuesday, Booked In To Stay At Monopol Hotel
- Croatia Mean Business : Send Scout To Spy On Nigeria Stars In London
- Brian Idowu Accepts NFF's Invitation To Play Against Poland, Announces Arrival Date
- Chelsea GK Who Stopped Ndidi From Scoring Arrives Argentina's Manchester Camp
- John Ogu Issued Visa, Jets Off To Poland For International Duty
- Nigerian Duo Set To Be Relegated With Manchester United U23s
- TEN Manchester United Players Set To Depart Club In June
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football