England Confirm Sheyi Ojo Will Not Play Against The Auld Enemy & AndorraPublished: October 01, 2017
The English Football Association has confirmed that Sheyi Ojo has been ruled out of the upcoming 2019 UEFA European Under-21 Championship qualifiers.
Ojo will miss games against Scotland and Andorra in October after suffering an injury in his last game for Fulham in the EFL Championship.
The Liverpool loanee was stretchered off the pitch on Friday night in the Cottagers' 2-1 road win over Bright Osayi-Samuel's Queens Park Rangers, and initial prognosis is that he has dislocated his shoulder, which would keep him on the sidelines for many weeks.
Ojo would have added to his solitary international cap for England U21s which came against Latvia on September 5 if the shoulder injury did not force him to withdraw from the squad.
England will face Scotland at Riverside Stadium, Middlesbrough FC on Friday, October 6 before they travel for another qualifier against Andorra four days later.
Fikayo Tomori (Chelsea), Tammy Abraham (Chelsea), Josh Onomah (Tottenham Hotspur), Ademola Lookman (Everton) and Dominic Solanke (Liverpool) are the players of Nigerian descent named to the U21 roster by manager Aidy Boothroyd
Photo Credit : Twitter.com/sheyi_ojo
Football News 24/7
- Awaziem : We Want Nigerians To Be Proud Of Us, Rohr Told Me He Coached Nantes
- Ex-Liverpool Star Jordon Ibe Offered The Chance To Play For Nigeria At World Cup
- History Repeats Itself: South African Human Rights Day Prevents Akpeyi From Picking Up Passport
- Ezenwa Trains With Eagles After Arrival In Poland, Okechukwu Out, Individual Training For Ebuehi
- Official: Experienced Nigerian Striker Joins Danish Club FC Sonderborg
- Italian-Based Right-Back Ruled Out Of Poland-Nigeria Friendly
- Rohr: Chinese-Based Mikel To Undergo Rigorous Training, We Have A Goalkeeping Problem
- Nigeria Manager Rohr Wants Man Utd, Chelsea Target Lewandowski To Remain At Bayern
- Rohr Gives No Clue On Starting XI, Victor Moses Finally Surfaces, Ebuehi & Obi Looking Sharp
- Super Eagles Prepare to Soar in 2018 FIFA World Cup Play
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football