Why Moses Did Not Play Against Man City? Chelsea Coach Gives Valid ReasonsPublished: October 02, 2017
Chelsea manager Antonio Conte has explained why Nigeria international Victor Moses did not figure for the Premier League champions in their important match against Manchester City this past weekend.
The Super Eagles star put in a full shift in three consecutive matches played across ten days and the Italian manager made the right decision to rest the right wing-back or he would have risked picking up an unwanted injury, ahead of Nigeria's crucial World Cup qualifier against Zambia.
''To play three games in seven days is not simple, above all for our wing-backs,” Conte said, according to Independent UK.
''Moses played two whole games against Stoke [City] and Atletico, [Marcos] Alonso played one and a half games, because against Stoke I changed him after 10 minutes.
''Then you have to try to not put your difficulty players in difficulty, and not to risk this type of player, because Moses for us is an important player, and to play three games in only seven days, it means that you risk. ''
Chelsea have lost the two Premier League games, against Burnley and Manchester City, without Victor Moses on the Stamford Bridge pitch.
Photo Credit : chelseafc.com
Football News 24/7
- England Youth-Teamer Of Nigerian Descent Named In Man City Provisional Squad Vs Arsenal
- Nigerian Exports: Goals For Gold, Shola Ameobi, Asoro, Okenabirhie, Daniel Udoh & Odubade
- EPL Wrap: Ndidi Hits Woodwork Again; Iheanacho Features; Abraham & Solanke Subs; Obafemi Not In 18
- Ex-Chelsea Star Mikel Obi To Messi, Pique, Iniesta & Co: Remember April 24, 2012
- Nigerian Winger, Dubbed The Poor Man's Victor Moses, Trains With Arsenal First-Team
- Latest Pictures Suggest Iwobi Has Recovered From Injury Ahead Of League Cup Final
- Tottenham Hotspur Coach : Ryan Sanusi's Cousin Is In The Same Category As Okocha
- Official: Reading Loan Out Promising Nigerian Defender
- Czech Republic Wonderkid Makes Debut For Manchester United
- Golden Eaglets Chief Scout Sends Message To Nigeria U20 Coach Over Recent Call-Ups
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football