Liverpool Boss On Solanke's First Goal For Club: Nice & Well DeservedPublished: May 13, 2018
Liverpool coach Jürgen Klopp has applauded Nigerian Federation target Dominic Solanke for scoring his first goal for the club in their 4-0 rout of Brighton & Hove Albion on the final day of the Premier League season.
The England U21 international fired a rising effort past Seagulls goalkeeper Mathew Ryan after he was played in by Mohamed Salah in the 53rd minute to give the Reds a three-goal cushion.
Solanke had not scored in 26 matches across all competitions before opening his account this afternoon at Anfield.
''Nice! For Dom, we are so happy to have him but the season is long [with] ups and downs for a young player, especially if you don’t play often, that’s how it is,'' Klopp told reporters.
''The start was brilliant and then he had no chance to play because the other boys played fantastic and then he was a little bit in this kind of a hole.
''Since three or four weeks he is back and it is really nice to see him. Today he showed it, the game started difficult, little slip there and losing balls and things like that, a big chance - and then he was involved in nearly all the dangerous situations.
''It was really nice and the goal was then, I didn’t see it back until now, but it looked like it was quite a good one and I am happy for him. He had a big smile on his face after the game. Well deserved.''
Next up for Solanke and his Liverpool teammates is the Champions League final against holders Real Madrid at NSC Olimpiyskiy Stadium, Kiev on 26 May.
Photo Credit : liverpoolfc.com
Football News 24/7
- No Lazio, Frosinone, Sampdoria Move For Super Eagles Striker Simy
- PL2 Liverpool 1 Tottenham 1 : Adekanye Scores, Eyoma Sent Off After Two Minutes
- Official : Chelsea Loanee Tomori Finally Credited With First Professional Goal For Derby County
- Sporting Lisbon And Porto Interested In Super Eagles Striker Aaron Samuel
- Manchester United's Nigerian Number 10 Wins MOTM Award In Final Of Hong Kong Tournament
- Official: Super Eagles Defender Troost-Ekong Signs For Udinese
- UWCL Last 32: Ex-Falconets Stars To Face Barcelona; Ebere's Barcelona FA Paired With Glasgow City
- Done Deals : Two Strikers Depart Arsenal For Italian Clubs
- Taiwo Awoniyi Speaks After Scoring First Goal For Gent, Shown Yellow For Religious Message
- Moses Simon Joins Super Eagles Injury List, Omitted From Levante La Liga Opener Vs Betis
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football