Super Eagles Invitee Ifeanyi Matthew Doubtful For Friendly Against Atlético MadridPublished: May 15, 2018
Promising Lillestrøm SK midfielder Ifeanyi Matthew is doubtful to play for the Nigerian national team when they take on Europa League finalists Atlético de Madrid in a friendly in Uyo on May 22.
As exclusively reported by the website, the Nigerian Federation have called up the top stars in the Nigerian Professional Football League and few foreign-based professionals not listed on the World Cup roster for the friendly against the La Liga team.
The friendly is outside Fifa's window for international matches, so Lillestrom are not obliged to the release the player to the Nigerian Federation, especially as the Tippeligaen is in full swing.
''Ifeanyi Matthew has been invited for the friendly against Atlético Madrid but he is unlikely to make it as the game is outside the Fifa window, '' a Nigerian Federation insider told allnigeriasoccer.com.
''LSK have a game against Brann on Monday, May 21, so there is no way he will be able to travel and join the team until May 22, the date of the friendly.
''The Norwegian League will not go on World Cup break until July.''
In the first half of the 2017-2018 campaign, Matthew was the most fielded defensive midfielder under the age of 21 in the European Leagues.
The former Flying Eagles star has started and gone the distance in every single league game played by the Canaries since September 25, 2016.
Photo Credit : lsk.no
Football News 24/7
- No Lazio, Frosinone, Sampdoria Move For Super Eagles Striker Simy
- PL2 Liverpool 1 Tottenham 1 : Adekanye Scores, Eyoma Sent Off After Two Minutes
- Official : Chelsea Loanee Tomori Finally Credited With First Professional Goal For Derby County
- Sporting Lisbon And Porto Interested In Super Eagles Striker Aaron Samuel
- Manchester United's Nigerian Number 10 Wins MOTM Award In Final Of Hong Kong Tournament
- Official: Super Eagles Defender Troost-Ekong Signs For Udinese
- UWCL Last 32: Ex-Falconets Stars To Face Barcelona; Ebere's Barcelona FA Paired With Glasgow City
- Done Deals : Two Strikers Depart Arsenal For Italian Clubs
- Taiwo Awoniyi Speaks After Scoring First Goal For Gent, Shown Yellow For Religious Message
- Moses Simon Joins Super Eagles Injury List, Omitted From Levante La Liga Opener Vs Betis
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football