Manchester United, Arsenal Super Kids Of Nigerian Descent Named In Ireland SquadPublished: May 16, 2018
Republic of Ireland U16 coach Paul Osam has named two players of Nigerian descent in a 20-man group for the upcoming upcoming UEFA Under-16 Development Tournament in Sweden.
Highly-rated Manchester United striker Ayodeji Sotona is in line to suit up for the Irish in games against Sweden, Austria and Turkey, and he's joined on the roster by Arsenal defender Mazeed Ogungbo.
Born February 12, 2002, defender Ogungbo is highly rated at Arsenal and made his competitive debut for the U18 team against Tottenham Hotspur in April despite being a schoolboy before making his full debut in their final game of the season against Chelsea exactly a week ago.
United's Sotona has already played for Ireland at U15 level and netted on his first start in their 1-1 draw with the Netherlands in February 2017.
The two players are eligible to represent the Golden Eaglets and it is known that the national team's scouts have been monitoring their performances in England.
Ex-Manchester United defender Paul McGrath is the most famous player of Nigerian descent to turn out for Ireland's senior team, he helped the country reach the quarterfinals of the 1990 World Cup in Italy.
Photo Credit : mullingarathleticafc.com
Football News 24/7
- Kelechi Iheanacho : We Will Show Argentina We Are From Nigeria, We Beat Them Before
- France Midfielder Paul Pogba : We Know It Will Be Difficult Against Nigeria
- Mikel Suffers Metacarpal Fracture, Rohr Expects Midfielder To Play With A Cast Vs Argentina
- Turkish Referee Well Known To Mikel, Moses, Omeruo & Musa To Officiate Nigeria Vs Argentina
- Argentina Star Mascherano Explains Why He's Grateful To Super Eagles Stars
- Nigerian Wonderkid Snubs Interest From Celtic To Pen New Arsenal Deal
- Bayern Munich France Star Ahead Of Potential Meeting Vs Nigeria : They Are A Good Team
- Mikel Confident Eagles Will Stop Messi From Setting New World Cup Record On Tuesday
- Eagles Defender Omeruo: Iceland Win Would Be Meaningless If We Lose To Argentina
- Super Eagles Depart Base Camp For St. Petersburg 1455 Hours; Recovery Training For Mikel, Musa
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football