Official : Awoniyi Headlines Five Nigerian Offensive Players Retained By LiverpoolPublished: June 08, 2018
Liverpool have submitted their retained and released lists to the Premier League ahead of the start of preseason preparations.
The 2018 Champions League finalists have decided to keep Nigeria U23 international Taiwo Awoniyi, Ibadan-born winger Bobby Adekanye, attacking midfielder Ovie Ejaria, winger Sheyi Ojo and striker Dominic Solanke at the club.
Having said that, England U21 star Ejaria will spend the entirety of the 2018-2019 season on loan at Scottish Premiership club Rangers after penning a new long-term contract with the Reds.
Awoniyi is also being linked with another loan spell away from Anfield due to the inability to obtain a work permit, with Greek club PAOK and teams in Belgium among his suitors.
He previously enjoyed loan spells at FSV Frankfurt, NEC and Royal Excel Mouscron.
After making thirteen appearances for Liverpool's first team since his debut, England U20 World Cup-winning winger Ojo was loaned out to Fulham for the whole of last season.
Solanke was the only player of Nigerian descent that figured for the first team during the 2017-18 campaign, making 27 appearances in total and was an unused substitute in the Champions League showpiece vs Real Madrid.
Football News 24/7
- Everton Loanee Henry May Get A Rival From Arsenal As Galatasaray Chase Moses' Ex-Strike Partner
- Nigerian Whizkid Scores In Fourth Straight Game As Chelsea Are Held By Leicester City
- Tianjin Teda Coach Reacts To Mikel's Transfer Rumors, Why Midfielder Is In Starting XI Today
- Udinese Coach Hints Eagles Star Will Be Handed Debut Tomorrow: He Has Played & Scored This Season
- Onazi & NPFL Coach Say The Same Thing On Victor Moses Retirement: He's Our Best Player
- Super Eagles Star Omeruo Aims Sly Dig At Chelsea During CD Leganés Presentation
- Tottenham Hotspur Set The Record Straight On The Defender Sent Off Against Liverpool
- No Lazio, Frosinone, Sampdoria Move For Super Eagles Striker Simy
- PL2 Liverpool 1 Tottenham 1 : Adekanye Scores, Eyoma Sent Off After Two Minutes
- Official : Chelsea Loanee Tomori Finally Credited With First Professional Goal For Derby County
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football