Ex-Guinea, DRC Coach, Neveu : Rohr Will Learn Lessons From Losses To England & CzechPublished: June 13, 2018
Former Democratic Republic of Congo, Niger and Guinea coach, Patrice Neveu says Gernot Rohr will learn from the defeats suffered by the Super Eagles in their pre-World Cup friendlies and apply the lessons at the 2018 World Cup.
The Super Eagles started their pre-World Cup friendlies by beating Argentina 4-2, followed by a 1-0 win over one of the top ranked teams in the world, Poland, but they suffered losses to Serbia, England and Czech Republic in their last three games with European opposition.
''On friendlies, you have to be careful about the situation. Morocco has done well, but I would not want it to hurt them by putting extra pressure on the team,'' Neveu told Radio France Internationale.
''If we take for example the course of Nigeria in friendly, we can say that Gernot Rohr, the coach, despite an average record, will learn lessons before entering the competition.
''For the coaches, these friendlies make it possible to judge the state of form of each one and to test several systems of game. It is also the moment to visualize the opponents with the approach of the competition.''
Rohr has only lost one competitive game on the pitch since he was appointed coach of the Super Eagles, an African Cup Of Nations qualifier against South Africa last June.
Football News 24/7
- Official: Israeli Giants Maccabi Tel Aviv Sign Chikeluba Ofoedu To Two-Year Deal
- Confirmed : Talented Nigerian Winger Joins Premier League New Boys Fulham
- Official: Nigerian Striker Pens New Long-Term Deal With Liverpool
- Nigerian Striker Dubbed The New Zlatan Ibrahimovic Scores FOUR Goals As Norwich City U23 Hammer Borussia Dortmund
- Odion Ighalo Scores As Chinese Super League Resumes After World Cup Break
- Liverpool Hoping To Seal New Deal For Awoniyi, Will Not Go On USA Tour
- 17-Year-Old Defender Among Four Nigerians Named In Man City Squad For USA Tour
- Official: Hull City Confirm Arrival Of Chelsea Defender On Loan
- (Photo Confirmation) One Of Chelsea's Most Exciting Midfielders Joins Derby On Loan
- Nigeria Confirmed As 2021 WAFU Cup of Nations Hosts, Senegal To Host 2019
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football