Arsenal Legend Keown To Iceland : Good News For You Iwobi Is On The Bench But Watch MosesPublished: June 22, 2018
With Alex Iwobi omitted from the Super Eagles starting lineup for today's clash vs Iceland, the iconic ex- Arsenal defender Martin Keown has told the Icelandic team they would be delighted with the news and that was before the official starting XI was announced by Gernot Rohr at a team meeting few minutes ago.
Keown, who was a member of the England squad at the 1998 and 2002 World Cups, says Nigeria were unconvincing in their 2-1 loss to England 20 days ago and criticized Gernot Rohr for putting the players in wrong positions.
''There is little pressure on them. I think they will be victorious today. Nigerians have been in trouble. I saw them play against England before the tournament and they did not work convincingly,'' Keown said to Fótbolti.net.
"Players have not been playing in the right place. Obi Mikel is playing in the middle of the center and Ighalo is lonely up front.
''You probably need to watch (Victor) Moses. He is fast and powerful. I do not know if (Alex) Iwobi plays, but it's good news for you if he gets on the bench."
Chelsea star Moses will start his fourth World Cup game against the Nordic country.
Photo Credit : Twitter.com/AlexIwobi
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- SK Brann Hand Trial To Ex-Manchester United Starlet Kehinde & Eagles Star Lokosa
- Two Offensive Players Of Nigerian Descent Named In Liverpool Tour Squad, Awoniyi Out
- Manchester City 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Nmecha Shines, Dele-Bashiru Features, Tosin & Ogbeta Benched
- Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With Chelsea
- Iwobi Named In Arsenal's 25-Man Tour Squad To Singapore, Akpom Omitted Amid Transfer Link
- Arsenal's Nigerian Striker Close To Completing Permanent Move To Sint-Truiden
- Netherlands International Impressed By Stoke's Signing Of Nigerian World Cup Star Etebo
- Why Swiss-Nigerian Goalie Osigwe Is Wearing The No. 58 Shirt In New Season
- Nigerian Players Likely To Change Clubs: Top Five Summer Transfer Targets
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football