Super Eagles Depart Base Camp For St. Petersburg 1455 Hours; Recovery Training For Mikel, MusaPublished: June 24, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands the Super Eagles players and officials will jet out to Russia's second largest city St. Petersburg, the venue of their final Group D fixture against Argentina, on Sunday afternoon.
The team will depart their base camp in Essentuki at 1455 hours before their flight to St. Petersburg.
On Saturday afternoon, the squad held their first training session ahead of their meeting with the two-time world champions but only those that did not start the game took part in the full workout.
The training session began with a run around a nearby lake, then the players hit the pitch for a fitness session and ball work.
Captain Obi Mikel was sighted undergoing a recovery workout but his left hand was bandaged, and this suggests that he is in line to face Argentina on Tuesday evening after sustaining an injury in the closing minutes of the 2-0 win over Iceland.
Wilfred Ndidi, Ahmed Musa, Troost-Ekong, Leon Balogun and Kelechi Iheanacho were among the players that carried out specific stretching exercises with the Super Eagles fitness trainer.
The Super Eagles will qualify for the last sixteen of the World Cup without needing help from elsewhere if they beat Argentina.
Photo Credit : fifa.com
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- SK Brann Hand Trial To Ex-Manchester United Starlet Kehinde & Eagles Star Lokosa
- Two Offensive Players Of Nigerian Descent Named In Liverpool Tour Squad, Awoniyi Out
- Manchester City 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Nmecha Shines, Dele-Bashiru Features, Tosin & Ogbeta Benched
- Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With Chelsea
- Iwobi Named In Arsenal's 25-Man Tour Squad To Singapore, Akpom Omitted Amid Transfer Link
- Arsenal's Nigerian Striker Close To Completing Permanent Move To Sint-Truiden
- Netherlands International Impressed By Stoke's Signing Of Nigerian World Cup Star Etebo
- Why Swiss-Nigerian Goalie Osigwe Is Wearing The No. 58 Shirt In New Season
- Nigerian Players Likely To Change Clubs: Top Five Summer Transfer Targets
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football