Nigeria, Spain & Ghana To Battle For Youngest Player Of Nigerian Descent To Debut In La LigaPublished: July 08, 2018
Allnigeriasoccer.com understands that Deportivo La Coruña starlet Mujaid Sadick Aliu is set to spark an international tug-of-war between three two African giants and a European powerhouse in the near future.
Born March 14, 2000 in Logroño, a city in northern Spain, to Nigerian and Ghanaian parents, the central defender can represent the Super Eagles, Black Stars and 2010 world champions Spain.
Aliu became the youngest player of Nigerian descent to debut in the strongest league in the world, La Liga, when he made his professional debut for Deportivo La Coruña aged 18 years, 1 month and 28 days, beating the record previously held by Isaac Success in the process.
He played the last fifteen minutes of Deportivo de La Coruña's 4-2 loss to Villarreal on May 12, 2018 before manager Clarence Seedorf handed him his full debut the following weekend against Valencia on the final day of last season.
Nigeria's Olympic Team coach Salisu Yusuf has to lot of work to do to convince Aliu to play for the Dream Team VII ahead of the 2019 Africa U-23 Cup of Nations and All-Africa Games qualifiers as the center back presently represents Spain's youth teams.
Aliu helped Spain U18s to win last month's Mediterranean Games after earning caps for Spain U17s squad.
Photo Credit : rcdeportivo.es
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- SK Brann Hand Trial To Ex-Manchester United Starlet Kehinde & Eagles Star Lokosa
- Two Offensive Players Of Nigerian Descent Named In Liverpool Tour Squad, Awoniyi Out
- Manchester City 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Nmecha Shines, Dele-Bashiru Features, Tosin & Ogbeta Benched
- Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With Chelsea
- Iwobi Named In Arsenal's 25-Man Tour Squad To Singapore, Akpom Omitted Amid Transfer Link
- Arsenal's Nigerian Striker Close To Completing Permanent Move To Sint-Truiden
- Netherlands International Impressed By Stoke's Signing Of Nigerian World Cup Star Etebo
- Why Swiss-Nigerian Goalie Osigwe Is Wearing The No. 58 Shirt In New Season
- Nigerian Players Likely To Change Clubs: Top Five Summer Transfer Targets
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football