2018 World Cup : Jay-Jay Okocha Expects France, Belgium To Play Counter-Attacking FootballPublished: July 10, 2018
In what should be a fascinating contest, 1998 champions France take on Belgium in the first semifinal of the 2018 World Cup at the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg on Tuesday evening.
France manager Didier Deschamps has made one change to the starting lineup, naming Juventus midfielder Blaise Matuidi, who has returned from suspension in place of Corentin Tolisso.
The French starting eleven is the same side that beat Argentina in a seven-goal thriller in the round of sixteen.
Commenting on the Blues lineup, ex-PSG star and SuperSport pundit Jay-Jay Okocha said : ''It's whether they (Belgium) got what it takes to break them down, this is the best French side we have seen in this tournament.
''And the way they set up, they are getting stronger and stronger in this formation, so they have no reason to change anything because they have looked so solid from back to front, the goalkeeper as well.''
Okocha expects the French and Belgian teams to play counter-attacking footballer due to the pacy players in the squad, especially Kylian Mbappe and Eden Hazard.
''It depends on the situation of the game, whether you are chasing or whether it is still goalless, that depends on how you set up or how you commit people going forward.
''Both teams have the quality to counter attack because of the pace they have in the side. Once it is still goalless, everybody will be happy with the shape of the team.''
France defeated Uruguay 2-0 in the quarterfinal while their opponents Belgium beat one of the pre-tournament favorites Brazil 2-1.
Photo Credit : fff.fr
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- SK Brann Hand Trial To Ex-Manchester United Starlet Kehinde & Eagles Star Lokosa
- Two Offensive Players Of Nigerian Descent Named In Liverpool Tour Squad, Awoniyi Out
- Manchester City 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Nmecha Shines, Dele-Bashiru Features, Tosin & Ogbeta Benched
- Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With Chelsea
- Iwobi Named In Arsenal's 25-Man Tour Squad To Singapore, Akpom Omitted Amid Transfer Link
- Arsenal's Nigerian Striker Close To Completing Permanent Move To Sint-Truiden
- Netherlands International Impressed By Stoke's Signing Of Nigerian World Cup Star Etebo
- Why Swiss-Nigerian Goalie Osigwe Is Wearing The No. 58 Shirt In New Season
- Nigerian Players Likely To Change Clubs: Top Five Summer Transfer Targets
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football