Abraham Names Three England Young Stars He's Proud Of Ahead Of Showdown Vs CroatiaPublished: July 11, 2018
England U21 international Tammy Abraham says he is delighted for three young players in the Three Lions squad in the shape of Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Marcus Rashford and goalkeeper Jordan Pickford.
Abraham played on the same England team as Loftus-Cheek and Rashford that drew goalless with Germany and Brazil in pre-World Cup friendlies but the Chelsea striker was omitted from the traveling party to Russia after suffering a dip in form in the second half of last season.
Everton goalie Pickford and Abraham were part of the England squad at the 2017 European U21 Championship that took place in Poland.
''We are all proud of him. I have just been telling him to keep going, to keep working as hard as he can, and to keep enjoying himself,'' Abraham told Chelsea's official webpage.
''I played with Pickford in the Under-21 competition last year, I am so happy for him. He has come a long way.
''Even players like Marcus Rashford, who I grew up playing against and now he’s at the World Cup – it’s just crazy! We are all proud of them.''
Gareth Southgate's team will be bidding to reach the final for the first time since 1966 when they face Nigeria's Group D opponents, Croatia, at the Luzhniki Stadium, Moscow on Wednesday evening.
Photo Credit : thefa.com
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- SK Brann Hand Trial To Ex-Manchester United Starlet Kehinde & Eagles Star Lokosa
- Two Offensive Players Of Nigerian Descent Named In Liverpool Tour Squad, Awoniyi Out
- Manchester City 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Nmecha Shines, Dele-Bashiru Features, Tosin & Ogbeta Benched
- Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With Chelsea
- Iwobi Named In Arsenal's 25-Man Tour Squad To Singapore, Akpom Omitted Amid Transfer Link
- Arsenal's Nigerian Striker Close To Completing Permanent Move To Sint-Truiden
- Netherlands International Impressed By Stoke's Signing Of Nigerian World Cup Star Etebo
- Why Swiss-Nigerian Goalie Osigwe Is Wearing The No. 58 Shirt In New Season
- Nigerian Players Likely To Change Clubs: Top Five Summer Transfer Targets
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football