Official: Everton's Nigeria International Striker Joins Galatasaray On LoanPublished: July 12, 2018
Through official channels, Turkish Super Lig outfit Galatasaray have announced the temporary signing of Nigeria international Henry Onyekuru from English Premier League side Everton.
The 21-year-old will play on loan at Galatasaray for the entirety of the 2018-2019 season.
Onyekuru is the second Nigerian player in history that will wear the colours of Galatasaray, following in the footsteps of retired Nigeria international Dominic Iorfa who represented the Istanbul club in 1991 and 1992.
The former Eupen wonderkid joined Everton last summer but was immediately farmed out on loan to Anderlecht because he could not secure a work permit.
Despite his inactivity since December 2017 due to a serious knee injury, Onyekuru ended the 2017-2018 campaign with 10 goals in 28 appearances in all tournaments for Anderlecht.
The Super Eagle has linked up with his new teammates in Switzerland, where they are holding a training camp ahead of the new Super Lig season which gets underway on August 11.
Onyekuru is set to play in the UEFA Champions League for the second straight season as Galatasaray have already qualified for the group stage of the competition after winning the Super Lig last term.
Photo Credit : galatasaray.org
Football News 24/7
- Official: Ivory Coast International Leaves Chelsea After Ten Years
- SK Brann Hand Trial To Ex-Manchester United Starlet Kehinde & Eagles Star Lokosa
- Two Offensive Players Of Nigerian Descent Named In Liverpool Tour Squad, Awoniyi Out
- Manchester City 0 Borussia Dortmund 1: Nmecha Shines, Dele-Bashiru Features, Tosin & Ogbeta Benched
- Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With Chelsea
- Iwobi Named In Arsenal's 25-Man Tour Squad To Singapore, Akpom Omitted Amid Transfer Link
- Arsenal's Nigerian Striker Close To Completing Permanent Move To Sint-Truiden
- Netherlands International Impressed By Stoke's Signing Of Nigerian World Cup Star Etebo
- Why Swiss-Nigerian Goalie Osigwe Is Wearing The No. 58 Shirt In New Season
- Nigerian Players Likely To Change Clubs: Top Five Summer Transfer Targets
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football