Confirmed: Versatile Defender Pens New Deal With ChelseaPublished: July 20, 2018
Promising central defender Marcel Lavinier has penned his first-ever professional contract with Premier League side Chelsea.
Born December 16, 2000, the Portuguese has been rewarded with a new deal after helping Chelsea U18s win the U18 Premier League and the FA Youth Cup last season.
He joined Chelsea at U8 level and was named on the bench for the U18s while still a schoolboy during the 2016-2017 campaign.
A delighted Lavinier tweeted the good news on Friday: ''Happy to have signed my first professional contract for @ChelseaFC 🙏🏽''.
Lavinier was born in London and has represented the English U16 and U17 national teams.
He is also comfortable playing as a right back.
Photo Credit : /twitter.com/MarcelLavinier_
Football News 24/7
- 40th Nigerian Player To Debut In The EPL Reacts After Starring Vs Manchester United
- Oteh On The Mark For QPR, Shodipo Feared Injured
- Official: Super Eagles Striker Gbolahan Salami Joins Turkish Club Denizlispor
- England Call-Up For Tottenham, Arsenal Starlets Of Nigerian Descent
- Nigeria U23 International Showing Off At Queens Park Rangers
- IK Start Nigeria International Lists Three Qualities Of New Signing Akinyemi
- Official: Anthony Nwakaeme Swaps Hapoel Beer Sheva For Trabzonspor
- Arsenal's Nigerian Whizkid Provisionally Cap-Tied To England Selected To Represent USA
- Torino Chief Cries Blue Murder Over Ola Aina Disallowed Assist
- Everton Loanee Henry Nets Winner; Austria Vienna's Edomwonyi At The Double
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Women's Football