NNL: Plateau FA, Mighty Jets Secretary Disagree Over Withdrawal of Appeal
Published: September 10, 2015
Plateau Football Association may have forced Mighty Jets of Jos to withdraw their Appeal against Niger Tornadoes of Minna, in the inconclusive Week 5 Nigeria National League encounter, which was awarded to Niger Tornadoes by the NNL.
In a phone chat with the Chairman of the FA, Samson Longdap, he said that Plateau FA and indeed, the club; Mighty Jets have withdrawn the Appeal.
‘Yes, we have withdrawn the Appeal for the Rule of Law to take its cause and to allow football to move forward’, he clarified.
But the Club Secretary, Umar Kyari, claimed that the club is still pursuing the Appeal with all seriousness.
‘It’s a lie. We have not withdrawn the Appeal because we have a good case’, he said.
One Salami Gyang, who claimed to be one of the Supporters Club members of the club, had earlier raised the alarm about a plan to withdraw the Appeal, claiming that the FA and the Club were given N10m bribe by Niger Tornadoes to do so.
‘There is a grand plan by some fraudulent and selfish individuals within the Plateau FA and some management of our darling Club to relegate the club by collecting the sum of N10m naira from Niger Tornadoes FC to withdraw our genuine appeal case with the NFF appeal committee against Niger Tornadoes to aid their undeserved promotion and relegate Jets’, Gyang claimed.
‘The NNL had suspended all matches pending the outcome of our Appeal.
‘This is bad, this is unacceptable and we as Supporters of Mighty Jets will make sure all those involved go to jail if it is confirmed that the Appeal is withdrawn for money for some selfish idiots ’, he said.
‘We call on NFF, NNL, Plateau state government and security agencies to investigate this high level fraud and match-fixing aimed at bringing the game to disrepute and ensuring that Mighty jets are relegated to favour Tornadoes who planned evil to work against us in our home match to gain promotion, he concluded.
But Kyari, who just resumed at the club two months ago as the new Secretary said that nothing of such took place or will take place because they have a genuine case against Niger Tornadoes.
In a phone chat with the Chairman of the FA, Samson Longdap, he said that Plateau FA and indeed, the club; Mighty Jets have withdrawn the Appeal.
‘Yes, we have withdrawn the Appeal for the Rule of Law to take its cause and to allow football to move forward’, he clarified.
But the Club Secretary, Umar Kyari, claimed that the club is still pursuing the Appeal with all seriousness.
‘It’s a lie. We have not withdrawn the Appeal because we have a good case’, he said.
One Salami Gyang, who claimed to be one of the Supporters Club members of the club, had earlier raised the alarm about a plan to withdraw the Appeal, claiming that the FA and the Club were given N10m bribe by Niger Tornadoes to do so.
‘There is a grand plan by some fraudulent and selfish individuals within the Plateau FA and some management of our darling Club to relegate the club by collecting the sum of N10m naira from Niger Tornadoes FC to withdraw our genuine appeal case with the NFF appeal committee against Niger Tornadoes to aid their undeserved promotion and relegate Jets’, Gyang claimed.
‘The NNL had suspended all matches pending the outcome of our Appeal.
‘This is bad, this is unacceptable and we as Supporters of Mighty Jets will make sure all those involved go to jail if it is confirmed that the Appeal is withdrawn for money for some selfish idiots ’, he said.
‘We call on NFF, NNL, Plateau state government and security agencies to investigate this high level fraud and match-fixing aimed at bringing the game to disrepute and ensuring that Mighty jets are relegated to favour Tornadoes who planned evil to work against us in our home match to gain promotion, he concluded.
But Kyari, who just resumed at the club two months ago as the new Secretary said that nothing of such took place or will take place because they have a genuine case against Niger Tornadoes.
Latest News
- Interest in Lookman: Transfer market expert reveals Napoli considering swap deal
- 2025 U17 Afcon: Promising midfielder chooses Uganda over former world champions Nigeria, England
- KAA Gent locked in talks with Super Eagles central defender over new contract
- 'He'll be out for a while' - Nottingham Forest boss confirms Ola Aina suffered a calf injury
- After making European debut, Flying Eagles midfielder Daniel Daga reaches highest market value
- The United States set to announce bitcoin holdings as PAIRMiner becomes first choice for users
- JAMining launches next-generation cloud mining: A new era of wealth creation in 2025
- Osimhen snubbing Boniface: Ex-African POTY reveals why Super Eagles No. 9 was frustrated after WCQ
- Super Eagles target Nwaneri battles club-record signing, makeshift striker, fullback for Arsenal POTM
- 'I almost scored' - Arokodare reflects on Nigeria home debut, delighted dad saw him play at high level


News Categories
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- New88
- hi88
- RR88
- hi88