Coronavirus : Ex-Liverpool Starlet Adekanye Will Not Resume Training With Lazio March 23
Published: March 23, 2020
Former Liverpool youth-teamer Bobby Adekanye and other first team players at Lazio will not resume training with The Biancocelesti on Monday, March 23, the Italian Serie A club have officially announced.
"The resumption of training, previously set for Monday 23 March, was in fact postponed until a later date," Lazio said in a press release.
Italy has recorded the highest number of deaths due to the coronavirus outbreak, with more than 59,000 confirmed cases and more than 5,000 deaths.
To prevent the spread of the virus and protect the players, the Italian Federation postponed the Serie A until at least April 3.
Juventus stars Daniele Rugani, Blaise Matuidi and Paulo Dybala are among the high profile players in Italy that have tested positive for the coronavirus.
Adekanye swapped Liverpool for Lazio last summer because he was not guaranteed first-team opportunities at Anfield.
The Ibadan-born winger has played seven games, including three in the group stage of the Europa League, for the capital outfit since his move.
Igho Kingsley
Copyright ANS
All rights reserved. This material, and other digital content on this website, may not be reproduced, published, rewritten or redistributed in whole or in part without prior express written permission from allnigeriasoccer.com
Latest News
- Onuachu scores against Crystal Palace as Southampton battle to avoid 17-year unwanted PL record
- Galatasaray striker Osimhen responds to critics with two-goal display in win against Fenerbahce
- Hakimi is runaway favourite: Morocco star battles Moses Simon, 10 others for Marc-Vivien Foe Prize
- Super Eagles assistant coach: Why Chelle left defence unchanged after Osimhen's substitution v Warriors
- Quad-national winger eligible for Nigeria, England, Germany, Austria signs pro contract at Spurs
- Official: Talented Super Eagles-eligible midfielder signs new deal with Tottenham Hotspur
- 'Nigeria's loss is England's gain' - Monaco legend says he's a big fan of Crystal Palace dazzler Eze
- 'Aina is a utility defender' - Ikpeba defends Chelle's team selection v Zimbabwe, says Osimhen was tired
- 'Prank' - NFF dismiss reports of Super Eagles coach Eric Chelle considering contract termination
- Forest coach explains formation switch after Aina's injury, provides update on Super Eagles RB


News Categories
- Football Betting
- African Players
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Bundesliga
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Casinos not on Gamstop
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Transfer
- Turkish Championship
- 1Win
- Ukrainian Football
- Uncategorized
- Women's Football
- New88
- hi88
- RR88
- hi88