Oyo Gets New Nationwide Team, Pacesetter FCPublished: May 05, 2013
Oyo State strength in the Nationwide cadre of Nigerian league has continued to grow with the emergence of the Pacesetters Football Club powered by a member of House of Representative, Hon. Awoleye Abiodun Dada.
The rationale behind the formation of the team according to the lawmaker is to develop soccer at the grassroots, reduce insecurity and positively engage youths through the “language they seem to understand most” which is the round leather game.
Awoleye said his dream and wishes for the club is to outlive him and become an institution like many great football clubs we have now that was why he never named it after himself rather after the Pacesetter State.Oyo Gets New Nationwide Team, Pacesetter FC
''Soccer has been a global unifying force and I think it could be used to curb many menaces like violence, restiveness and unemployment associated with our youths.
''Moreover Oyo State has abundant talents that are waiting to be harnessed and nurture to stardom,'' Awoleye noted.
He added that a coaster bus has been procured for easy transportation of the team that is expected to join the Nationwide League next season and progress to the professional league in a short while.
It would be recalled that, apart from the establishment of the team, the politician has been staging an annual grassroots football competition which has entered its 6th edition this year for youth clubs in Oyo State.
- Olarenwaju Kayode On Target For Maccabi Netanya, As Sani Emmanuel Makes Debut
- David Alaba Named Austria Sportsman Of The Year Again
- Crystal Palace Run The Rule Over Nnamdi Oduamadi
- Gaiya Hails President Jonathan For Intervening in NFF Crisis
- Anthony Nwakaeme Rues Loss To Hapoel Acre
- Order From Above : Stephen Keshi Returns As Nigeria Coach
- Osaguona Ighodaro, Enugu Rangers RUBBISH Rumours Linking Striker With Kelantan
- Tottenham Hotspur To Loan Moses Simon To ADO Den Haag IF Work Permit Application Is Unsuccessful
- Nosa Igiebor Scores On Maccabi Tel Aviv Home Debut
- Borussia Dortmund and VfB Stuttgart Run The Rule Over Jerry Mbakogu
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football