Oyo Gets New Nationwide Team, Pacesetter FCPublished: May 05, 2013
Oyo State strength in the Nationwide cadre of Nigerian league has continued to grow with the emergence of the Pacesetters Football Club powered by a member of House of Representative, Hon. Awoleye Abiodun Dada.
The rationale behind the formation of the team according to the lawmaker is to develop soccer at the grassroots, reduce insecurity and positively engage youths through the “language they seem to understand most” which is the round leather game.
Awoleye said his dream and wishes for the club is to outlive him and become an institution like many great football clubs we have now that was why he never named it after himself rather after the Pacesetter State.Oyo Gets New Nationwide Team, Pacesetter FC
''Soccer has been a global unifying force and I think it could be used to curb many menaces like violence, restiveness and unemployment associated with our youths.
''Moreover Oyo State has abundant talents that are waiting to be harnessed and nurture to stardom,'' Awoleye noted.
He added that a coaster bus has been procured for easy transportation of the team that is expected to join the Nationwide League next season and progress to the professional league in a short while.
It would be recalled that, apart from the establishment of the team, the politician has been staging an annual grassroots football competition which has entered its 6th edition this year for youth clubs in Oyo State.
- Dream Team Go To Sleep In Second Half But Manage To Beat Mali
- Fanendo Adi Reveals Teammates Are Behind Sparking Form
- Taiwo Awoniyi, Zaharaddeen Bello Start As Siasia Reveals Starting Line - up To Face Mali
- Eddy Onazi Still Recovering From Adductor Injury
- Premier League Team News : Mikel & Onomah Start From Bench In London Derby
- Rubin Okotie Scores Hat - trick In Thriller In Paderborn
- Nicky Ajose & Obika Shine As Swindon Town Thrash Chesterfield
- Samson Siasia Targets Africa U-23 Cup of Nations Final
- Hope Akpan Has Mixed Feelings After Ending 3,458 - Minute Long Goal Drought
- Anthony Ujah Nets Fourth Goal In Five Games As Werder Bremen Lose To Hamburg
- 2013 African Cup of Nations
- African Players Transfers
- Australia/ Asia
- Belgian Championship
- Brazil 2014 World Cup
- Danish Football
- English Premier League
- Nigeria National Teams
- Nigeria Premier League
- Norwegian Football
- Polish Football
- Russian Championship
- Serie A
- Spanish Liga
- Swedish Championship
- Turkish Championship
- Ukrainian Football
- Whistle Blowing
- Women's Football